To send and receive EDI documents through the EDI Gateway, you need to create an EDI trading partner profile for each trading partner involved in the EDI trading process. In order to configure a partner, you must first obtain some information from the respective trading partner such as Partner Identification, EDI X12 Information and so on.
To add a partner, first open to the EDI sub menu on the left navigation menu and click on the Partners menu item. Click the + icon on the top left of the Partners list to create a New Partner.
Now you need to fill the required information to configure the trading partner you wish to add.
1. Partner Name : Specify a Partner Name for the trading partner. This is just a textual identifier for you to easily distinguish this partner from others in the partners list; it will not actually be used in EDI communication.
2. Partner AS2 ID : Specify the Partner AS2 ID of the partner. This has to be obtained from the partner.
3. Description : Optionally specify a Description; Describe the partner for identification purposes within the application.
4. File Type : Specify the File type; Select the EDI format your partner will use for the EDI Messages. Then you can choose whether to auto acknowledge the incoming EDI documents from this partner by ticking the Auto Acknowledge tick box. If you enable Auto Acknowledgement for a partner, EDI Gateway will automatically send a Functional Acknowledgement to any applicable document received from that partner.
5. Partner ISA and GS Identification
|ISA ID Qualifier||The ISA ID Qualifier describes which type of ISA ID the partner is using|
|ISA Identifier||To route data, enter the value used by the partner for other parties to use as the receiver ID|
|GS Code||Enter the application sender’s code for the GS Code|
6. Authentication & Security Information
|Authentication Qualifier (ISA01)||Enter a value to identify the type of information in the Authorization Information|
|Authentication Information (ISA02)||Enter a value to represent the information used for additional identification or authorization of the interchange sender or the data in the interchange|
|Security Qualifier (ISA03)||Enter a value to identify the type of information in the Security Information|
|Security Information (ISA04)||Enter a value to represent security information about the interchange sender or the data in the interchange|
7. EDI X12 Information
|Version / Release (GS8)||Indicate the version / release of the EDI standard being used|
|Interchange Version (ISA12)||Enter a value to represent the current interchange control segment|
|Ack Requested (ISA14)||Enter the code sent by the partner to request an interchange acknowledgment|
|Usage Indicator (ISA15)||Enter a value to indicate whether the data in the current interchange envelope is for testing, production, or information only. P, T, or I can be used as the Usage Indicator|
|Responsible Agency (GS7)||Enter a value to define the standards agency responsible for the standard in the GS segment.|
|Repetition Separator (ISA11)||Enter a value to identify the control standard used by the message that is enclosed by the current interchange header and trailer|
|Element Separator||Enter a value to determine the delimiter between the elements of one segment across the EDI Document|
|Segment Separator||Enter a value to separate the data segments in an EDI document|
|Component Element Separator||Enter a value to separate component data elements within the EDI document|
8. Document Types
In this section, you can configure which of the EDI Definitions you have created in the previous step are applicable to this partner. You can select the preferred EDI definition from the Document dropdown and the version and type fields will be automatically filled based on the selection.
If it is required to configure several document types (EDI Definitions) for the partner, you can click the Add Document Type button to do so.
For each document type, you can also configure the Auto Acknowledge, Production and Enabled properties based on your preference.
Note: If the Auto Acknowledge configuration on the partner is enabled, EDI Gateway will automatically send Functional Acknowledgements irrespective of whether this property is enabled or not.
When the configuration is complete, click the Submit button to save the partner configuration.Once the partner configuration is completed and saved, you can proceed to exchange EDI documents with your partner.
All created partners are listed in the Partners list. You can Edit or Delete the listed partners as required.