Receive an EDI message
Once EDI Gateway received a message from a partner and successfully processed, it will be listed in the Inbox view as follows.
- You can view such a received message in 3 modes; Formatted View, Raw Message, and JSON Representation.
- Formatted View displays a human readable representation of the received EDI, with the capability to print. This might be helpful if you need a printed version of the EDI for internal documentation processes.
- Raw Message displays the received EDI as it is, only with newlines added for readability.
- JSON Representation displays a JSON based representation of the received EDI, which might be helpful for further processing by other applications.
- It has 3 actions:
- Generate Invoice - this can be used to generate a new Invoice for this received message.
- Generate ASN - this can be used to generate a new ASN (Shipping Notification) for this received message
- Process Again - this can be used to re-process the received message similar to a newly received message. This might be helpful if the message failed due to a configuration issue on the EDI Gateway side. You can re-process the message after correcting the configuration issue. And this also could be useful if you like to test your message flow before receiving actual production messages.
- The message will be added to the archived list.
- Will delete the selected message.
Once you receive a message, EDI Gateway may automatically send a Functional Acknowledgement to your partner depending on the Auto Acknowledge configuration of the partner or the document type.